Friday, September 30, 2011

...Et la grosse cloche sonne

I often think about how lucky I am with where I live. My house is not just beautiful, it is also near a lot of things. The train station is just around the corner, the school is down the road, my friend lives on top of the hill in the distance, the river and woods are outside my doorstep, and the town it only a few minutes away on foot. I was thinking about this as I sat in school when the bell rang. I jumped to my feet to pack up my things but I stopped because my classmates and the teacher where stagnant, staring at me blankly. All of a sudden I had an epiphany that it was not the bell in the school that rang but the train, which I previously thought was so conveniently close. I just have to remember for next time not to rush to the door when I hear a bell and life will be less complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment