Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rotary Weekened


The first Rotary event had a huge impact on my opinion of foreign exchanges. All the foreign exchange students were invited to a sleepover party in the city. Half the time was spent listening to a lecture in french, which no one understood. We also went to a museum and passed through the carnival. The party really started after all the rules where laid down. Everyone danced to the music the DJ played and drank beer the Rotary staff provided. Around midnight fireworks were sent off over the glistening river; it was truly magical. I met most of my best foreign friends from there. We did not all speak the same language or french but we understood each other through body language. After I could barley move my legs from dancing so much, I went to my own little room and slept for about 3 hours before I woke up to eat breakfast. No one wanted to leave but eventually the host parents filled in to take these foreigners to their new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment