Monday, December 5, 2011

First Place

     At last! I have accomplished my objective. For a long time its been my desire to be first when I jog with my classmates during physical educaiton; and I have accoplished my goal. That day in particular was the last day of the running season for my school. With this in mind I prepared myself to succeed because it was my last chance to prove I excel in at least one subject compared to my classmates. Most of the female students at St. Rock do not take physical education seriously. On the contrary, its been my best class, besides my German and English classes. I have been jogging with my host dad a lot, so jogging during my gym class has been no sweat. I might have taken it too far because while almost everyone was walking I was jogging. The feeling of satisfaction was worth it.
     In America, I was a straight A student but in Belgium my grades are not what they used to be. The language barrier makes a huge difference. Everthing relating to school is worthless when I don't understand French, except my gym class (how ironic). It's a relief that I don't need to speak while I run. But honestly I am making heaps of progess, language wise. When I return to America I will probably get back into the groove of succeeding in school but for now I'm just going to have to stick it out for the year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment