Thursday, January 26, 2012

Goodbye Odette

     Odette, my foreign exchange friend from Australia, invited me over to her house for a sleepover on her last night in Belgium. Odette first arrived in Belgium in August, so the length of her stay lasted only 6 months. My host mom dropped me off, thereupon Odette gave me a tour of her house. My other foreign exchange friend, who came from Equador, came later in the night. For most of the time I sat in Odettes room and watched her pack. She was stressed because read her plane ticket wrong; instead of leaving at 10 p.m., her plane was going to leave at 10 a.m. Soon enough, she finished preparing for her journey and then we played clue: french style. Around Midnight we ate the chocolate cake Odette's host brother made for her as a going away present. It was not until 2 o'clock in the morning when Odette's host parents drove Ana and me back to our houses. I said my last farewell to Odette, then she was gone. I crawled into my bed at 3 o'clock, thinking about the time when I will be in the same situation as Odette. The thought was depressing, so I decided to forget my worries for the night and slept soundly in my host familys bed, wishing that my stay in Belgium could last forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment