Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bisous Mistake

     My second host dad or mom usually trops me off at school in the morning around 8 o'clock. I am more of a morning person, so I do not have any problems getting ready for the day and being attentative. This morning was the contrary to my normal school ritual. The night before hand, my host family ate at 10:00 p.m., preventing me from sleeping. I lazily climbed the school stairs to the area were I meet my Belgian friends. Pauline and I were talking to one another when I saw someone in my previsial vision say, "bonjour Kate." Automatically I turned, said hello, and posed for a bisous. This would have been an acceptable reaction if it was actually my friend greeting me. Instead, I gave a bisous on the cheek of the principle of St. Rock. Stunned with shock, my hands went to my gapping mouth and my face turned red. An appology stumbled out of my mouth as I wore a horror struck face. The principle kept cool and said she did not mind and that, in fact, she enjoys students who give her bisous. I still felt stunned as she walked away to perform her duties. Only my friend Pauline, Michelle, and I saw the incident and hopefully my other classmates will not find out about my little mistake because they might be surprised since it's not everyday that a person bisous their principle!

No comments:

Post a Comment