Sunday, April 29, 2012

It Might End Before It Starts: The Ireland Disaster

     My friend Nickola from Australia suggested that we should go to Ireland together to visit her family. The moment she said Ireland I was more than willing to accept the offer. We bought our plane tickets before we went on our Rotary trip to Italy. Our decision was made as quickly as possible because plane tickets usually cost more the longer the purchaser waits. My dream was coming true and my secret desire to explore a beautiful country made me feel like I was walking on air, that is until the night of the opera. I went to an Italian opera with my Rotary club and while I was there my friend Nickola sent me a message from her cell phone. She told me that she didn't want to go anymore and was going to cancel her ticket. At first I didn't answer her message since I didn't know what to do. Eventually, I told her I understood and let her do what she wanted with her ticket, since she bought it. My heart was broken, not only because I was denied, but also because I have to pay a refund that will cost me 1/3 of the ticket to be reinbursed. I still want to go to Ireland and I am attempting to find people to come with me. Rotary has a rule that will not let me visit another country unless I have other people traveling with me. I will not give up until I absolutely must and I will try to find people who want to share the same passion as I. Life can be so unexpecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment